Score a Remarkable 100+ and Get Admission to Your Dream College
Stay well-prepared with our guidance before you sit for the duolingo test. Here’s how:
- One-to-one classes
- Instant feedback on improvement areas
- Practice materials, mock tests, and more
Everything You Need to Know About the Duolingo English Test
For overseas students wishing to satisfy English competence standards, the Duolingo English Test offers a practical substitute. An evaluation of your reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills in English is done with the Duolingo English Test. The questions on this computer-adaptive test get harder or easier as you go along, depending on how you respond to earlier inquiries. You respond to open-ended questions in addition to multiple-choice ones to assess your spoken and written English proficiency. All of the questions you respond to are graded by the computer. Additionally, you have the choice of recording a video interview and writing a sample.
Learn everything about the Duolingo test procedure.Interact 1-1 with our consultant
What is the Duolingo English Test?
You may test your English ability online at home with the Duolingo English Test or DET. Alternatively, you can get the English language certification from anywhere globally. The DET examines four fundamental English language abilities: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
The DET is beneficial for college candidates, job seekers, and others who wish to demonstrate their level of English. For prospective overseas students, many schools and institutions in the US demand confirmation of English language proficiency. For this aim, the exam has grown to be a well-liked substitute for the SAT, ACT, or TOEFL. Additionally, if you are looking for the best guidance for TOEFL preparation, hire our language proficiency consultants right away.
Although the Duolingo English Test is primarily used to prove English competence for academic institutions, the results apply to any circumstance that calls for confirmation of your abilities. Job interviews and application verification are included in this.
Duolingo English Test Highlights
- Founded in and conducted by - Duolingo and founded in 2016
- Universities accepted - Over 3000 Accepted Universities.
- Test Fees: $49 (INR 3679.92)
- Exam Mode: Computer-Based
- Scores: Score points ranging from 10 to 160.
- Conditions for the Exam - The ideal candidate must have a front-facing camera, microphone, speakers on their computer, and a solid internet connection.
- Exam time: one hour
- Results - Two days of results
Eligibility Criteria of the Duolingo Test
It's simple to register for the Duolingo English exam. Clicking on "Take The Test" and filling out all the required fields will register you for the test. To take the exam, you must have a government-issued photo ID or a passport. A fully functional computer with a camera, microphone, speaker, and strong internet connection are some prerequisites. You are essentially prepared after you have these under your belt! Registration for the Duolingo English Test mostly requires a passport, driver’s licence, and Government ID proof. However, the needed papers vary greatly from one nation to another.
Developed for today's worldwide students and institutions, the Duolingo English Test is a contemporary language competence assessment instrument. It provides a video interview, writing sample, and English proficiency score in a convenient, effective, and secure testing environment.
Become 2x more prepared to take the Duolingo test.Talk to an English counsellor
Duolingo English Test Pattern
The format, individual portions, and test duration are all included in the Duolingo test pattern. Learn more about computer adaptive testing and how it impacts the test-taking experience of candidates with the aid of the Duolingo Test Pattern. The Duolingo English test lasts one hour and results are available in only two days. As an adaptive computer exam, the Duolingo English Test's question format and difficulty level vary depending on the test-taker and session. It is unlikely that test participants may see repeated questions. You can practise the Duolingo English test by taking multiple mock tests.
Duolingo English Test Validity
Duolingo scores are valid for two years. There is no restriction on how many score reports you may send to educational institutions after receiving your results; you can do this directly from the results page.
Duolingo English Test Fee
No exam centres or arrangements are based on paper for the Duolingo English test because applicants can take it on their desktop or computer. As a result, it is less expensive than other English proficiency tests. The Duolingo English test fee is INR 3,999. It is a far more affordable option than IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE since each costs INR 15,000. You can also do your PTE preparations with the help of experts, mock tests, practice tests, etc, all provided by Eduversal Global.
For many foreign universities, the Duolingo English Test satisfies the standards for admission of overseas students. You can take the test whenever it is most convenient from home. You are not required to schedule an appointment or make a trip to the test location. The test is often computer-scored, but after it has been completed, a human reviewer will watch a videotape.
The Duolingo curriculum is not overly complex or constrained. You may use any English practice resource to your advantage. Before preparation, you should first grasp the questions that will be asked. Here, we've included all the information about it:
The adaptive test - You must finish an adaptive test once the exam has begun. This portion of the Duolingo test is graded or scored. This tests your proficiency in the English language in speaking, listening, reading, and writing. You will need to pass a variety of quick exams here.
- To finish the phrases, enter the missing letters - Here, you'll notice that a few letters are missing from the words in the example text. These letters need to be filled in.
- Making a recording of oneself reading a sentence - You will notice a phrase on the screen in this section. It would be best if you record yourself saying the statement. Your ability to talk is being tested.
- In writing, describe the image - You will see an image on the screen during this activity. You must provide text in the box describing the image in one or more phrases. It has no word count restriction.
- Choose the real English words from the provided list - You must now listen to each word individually and choose the real words.
- Read the text and choose the accurate words - The only difference between this challenge and the one before it is that you will have to read the word rather than listen. Choose every term you believe to be correct English. The fake ones should be ignored.
- Write down the phrase you hear - This exercise tests both your writing and listening abilities in the English language. The sentences that you hear must be typed.
- Compose your response in at least 50 words - Here, you must read the question on the screen and provide a minimum of 50 words. This assignment assesses your writing abilities.
- Responding to a question out loud - Now that you have them, please speak to the questions. You must answer the question for at least 30 seconds. Given that your responses will be recorded, please answer all questions promptly.
- The written test and video interview - You will need to record a video interview and finish a written exam when you finish the adaptive test. Despite not counting toward your final score, this exam part will be available to any universities that receive your score.
- The interview in the video - You'll be given two themes to choose from for the video interview. You must pick one and speak for one to three minutes on it. After choosing, a three-minute timer will begin, during which you are free to speak as much as you wish on the subject of your choice.
- The written exam - You will have to select one of two subjects to write about for three to five minutes for the writing test. Once you've decided on a topic, your timer will begin.
- 10 - 55 - The test taker can communicate comfortably and comprehend basic and uncomplicated material. They have a rudimentary understanding of English nuances.
- 60 - 85 - The test-taker can understand the major points of a speech or written passage on well-known subjects like education and employment. They can describe their objectives, beliefs, plans, and experiences without hesitation.
- 90 - 115 - The test-taker has good communication skills and can take in knowledge on various subjects. They can communicate with fluent speakers and rapidly grasp the main concepts of both concrete and abstract writing. You can easily study in Canada’s prestigious universities and colleges with this score range.
- 120 - 160 - The test-taker can understand a broad variety of challenging written and spoken languages, and certain contexts necessitate the use of specialised language. In social, academic, and professional settings, they are able to understand and employ implicit, metaphorical, pragmatic, and idiomatic language.
After passing the exam, the candidates receive their results within 48 hours and are free to share them with anybody. Students receive the Duolingo test results on their registered email addresses. Candidates can also view results on the official website.
Universities Accepting Duolingo Scores
Duolingo Preparation Tips
- Try out the Duolingo practice Test - The ideal place to get your bearings is to start here. Start becoming acquainted with the exam by viewing a brief video tour on the Duolingo test website before you even begin studying.
- Take a sample Duolingo exam - You may take a free Duolingo sample exam that lasts about 8 minutes. The test's sample questions and answers are the greatest methods to familiarise yourself with it and you can also get a general idea of how you did.
- Learn about Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) - On the Duolingo exam, the next question automatically gets tougher if you respond properly to a previous question. On the other hand, the following question will be a little simpler if you answer the previous one. This is how the Duolingo exam determines your proficiency in the English language. Therefore, try not to worry if a question seems especially challenging; it can just be a sign that you've done very well up to that point.
- Speaking exercises on Duolingo - As shown above, the Duolingo Test will require you to speak for 1-3 minutes about a predetermined topic. Even many native English speakers find this difficult, let alone overseas students!
- Download the official Duolingo test guide - We always advise obtaining a hold of an official exam handbook! After all, the test's creators are the finest individuals to guide you with useful advice and success-oriented strategy comments.
- Practice tests should be taken repeatedly - The Duolingo sample test has previously been highlighted but bears repeating. Try out a free sample test and see how you're doing every few days or weeks. If aiming to study in the US top-tier institutions, you must practice regularly and seriously.
How Does Eduversal Global Help Students to Score 125+ in the Duolingo Exam?
With over 150 nations where we have assisted students in realising their aspirations, Eduversal Global is a renowned international education consultant based in India. We assist them in choosing the right program at their ideal colleges and universities. Moreover, our students receive preferential treatment when it comes to job chances since we have partnerships with top-ranked institutions and schools overseas. They receive quick loan approval thanks to our assistance completing their financial aid. Their financial load is lessened thanks to our financing assistance through scholarships and part-time work. Eduversal offers online Duolingo mock tests, interactive lectures, strategy application sessions and doubt clarification sessions to help you ace your Duolingo exam.
- Eduversal’s goal is to support the development of a network of talented Indian students seeking international education. Our goal is to support aspiring world leaders as they pursue their worldwide careers.
- By taking our comprehensive expert sessions, you may raise your production subscore on the Duolingo English Test. Develop your language and vocabulary, learn about the requirements and study techniques, and examine model responses.
- Utilise our engaging practice platform to raise your Duolingo English Test score. Build your test-taking abilities by practising all possible question kinds and verifying your responses endlessly.
- 500 practice questions covering all sorts of questions